Girl, woman, other / Bernardine Evaristo.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 1094122165
- ISBN: 9781094122168
- ISBN: 1094122157
- ISBN: 9781094122151
- ISBN: 9781094122151 (sound recording ; Blackstone Library CD)
- ISBN: 1094122157 (sound recording ; Blackstone Library CD)
- ISBN: 9781094122168 (sound recording ; Blackstone Retail CD)
- ISBN: 1094122165 (sound recording ; Blackstone Retail CD)
- Physical Description: 9 audio discs (11 hr.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [Ashland, Oregon] : Blackstone Publishing, 
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Anna-Maria Nabirye.
The novel's twelve central characters lead vastly different lives. Amma is an acclaimed playwright whose work explores her Black lesbian identity; her friend Shirley is a teacher, jaded after decades of work in London's underfunded schools; Carole, one of Shirley's former students, is a successful investment banker; Carole's mother Bummi works as a cleaner and worries about her daughter's lack of rootedness. These unforgettable characters, from a nonbinary social-media influencer to a ninety-three-year-old woman living on a farm, intersect in shared aspects of their identities, from age to race to sexuality to class.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Women, Black > Great Britain > Fiction.
Great Britain > Social life and customs > Fiction.