View other formats and editions
- 6 of 7 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Easton Public Library.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
- ISBN: 0140296409 (pbk.) :
- ISBN: 9780140296402 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: 220 p. ; 20 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Penguin Books, 2000.
Originally published: Great Britain : Secker & Warburg, 1999.
Set in post-apartheid Cape Town. Professor David Laurie attempts to relate to his daughter, Lucy, and to a society with new racial complexities. But that is disrupted by an afternoon of violence that changes him and his daughter in ways he could never have foreseen.
Man Booker Prize, 1999.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Fathers and daughters > South Africa > Fiction.
Veterinarians > South Africa > Fiction.
Farm life > South Africa > Fiction.
South Africa > Fiction.